Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Machine Applique!!!

So, I finally got up the gumption to try machine applique.  I think it turned out pretty good!

It came from a circa 1920 pattern from one of my books.  I made mine much larger and square instead of rectangular.

I made mine up...I created the tulip pattern, then I created the stems and leaves.  I cut them out with a quarter inch seam allowance, pressed them under and pressed "Steam-a-Seam" (cut to the pattern without the seam allowance), then placed them on the background and pressed them on.  Then, I sewed them on with matching thread, regular stitch around the edges (making sure I got the 1/4" seam allowance underneath. 

I have the pattern for free if anyone is interested...just let me know at lizbquilting@hotmail.com

I will put it up again after I quilt it.


No comments: