Monday, March 11, 2013

What a GREAT Quilt Show by Cabin Branch/Stone House Quilt Guilds!

Wow!  I had a blast this weekend!  I was at the Cabin Branch and Stone House Quilt Show in the Virginia Longarm Booth!!!  They had AMAZING quilts on display; AWESOME vendors (which I was on of them); the volunteers were WONDERFUL and they FED us breakfast and lunch!! 

There were tons of people who went through there and I got to demo all weekend!  I LOVE to demo the Innova Quilting Systems!  I met so many nice people and want to shout out to a new personal friend Julie - she is now the proud owner of a new machine too!!!  Yay Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She contacted me through my website too, so that we can stay in touch throughout her longarm experience! 

Here I am in front of the booth!  We quilted charity quilts for the Cabin Branch Quilt Guild all weekend too.  It is so nice to quilt philanthropy quilts to help out the less fortunate - I am so happy to do it!



We were right by the demonstration booth where they showed all kinds of tips and tricks from everything from cutting to binding : D. 

It was just a GREAT experience and I am so glad that I got to go!  See you there next year!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on networking at the show, these connections are fantastic no matter what craft is your passion.

MamaRed said...

What a neat event! And using those gifts and "old fashioned" tools to create new memories and share your gifts is so aweesome.

wow101 said...

Thanks for sharing! Good to hear about the fantastic connections at the event! :)

Unknown said...

Great to hear you are doing social good while at the same time following your passion, keep up the good work Liz!

Shari said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! It must be energizing to connect with so many like-minded people.

aimee said...

It's always fun to connect with people who have the same passion as we do, so invigorating!

AskYvi said...

It's always important to also network in real life and not to get caught up just networking online... great job!

Martha Giffen said...

It's so fun to come to your blog! Your passion for quilting is contagious.

Danisdecadentdeals said...

That is awesome that you had such a great time at the Quilt show! I love networking events! :)

Sherie Venner said...

That machine looks like a great tool! Sounds like an awesome event, glad that you had such a productive time!

Betty Nelson said...

You are in your passion and it is thrilling to read about how you love it sooooo! You are so blessed!

Unknown said...

So glad you had a positive experience. These trade shows require a good investment of cash and time. Glad it paid off for you!

Moira Hutchison ~ Your Success Coach said...

Good for you for taking part in a tradeshow - it's a fabulous way to get out and show off your craft to new people :). I also take part in a few in my area.

Moira Hutchison ~ Your Success Coach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What is "long arm quilting"? I often go to car shows with my husband and there are quilting displays. Very intricate and definitely art. Congrats on your talent!

Kathy said...

I love looking at the beautiful quilts people create. Yet I've never wanted to try it. I've always thought I could never get my rows or stitches straight enough. I'll stick with my cross stitch and crochet. These events are great for meeting new friends.

Doiron said...

Isn't it fun to go to these events? Awesome to see the talent, expertise and variety of these items. I love your posts! :)

Helena said...

Sounds like a great time! How cool that you got to do some quilting for charity too!

lisaf-breakingthecycles said...

Sounds like a great time and a wonderful event!

Meryl Hershey Beck said...

Sounds like lots of fun! What a great way to help others with your talent!

Pat Moon said...

Quilt shows are amazing.. so happy you were able to participate and share.

Sharon O'Day said...

Liz, a friend told me the story today about taking all the quilting pieces her mother (now dealing with dementia) had cut years before. It was one of those unfinished projects. This friend had someone show her how to make a quilt, and she made smaller pieces for each member of the family. She said it reconnected them in an amazing way ... the way quilts can!

LizB said...

Hi Sharon, I love stories like this...when I do certain things I feel VERY close to my ancestors who were very rural and made quilts to stay warm in the TN winters...I also love to finish things for people who don't know how that have such sentimental value to them. Thanks for posting!