Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Quilt-A-Thon for St Jude's at Liz B. Quilting in Stafford, VA!!!


Whooo hooo!  So, I love to support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, so I told them I would do a 5K for them to raise money.  I had several friends who agreed to help and thought it would be easy peasy...not so much.  When I was finally able to do it, all my friends small businesses had taken off and we are all SUPER busy!

I have never done a 5K let alone put one on...so what to do???  I decided to do a Quilt-A-Thon!  You make as many 12.5' blocks as you can between now and Aug 24, get your friends and family to pledge per block...whatever they are comfortable with pledging...then you make the blocks, collect the money and turn it in to Liz B. Quilting on Aug 24.  The money goes to St. Jude and the blocks go to round two of the Quilt-A-Thon!

If you want to participate, just let me know and I will get you a pledge sheet and an instruction sheet.  So far we have several participants should be good for the first year : D...

No comments: