Monday, April 8, 2013

Swoon Block Quilt Along Update!

So 3 weeks ago we started our Swoon Block Quilt Along...after a slow start, I am now 1 week ahead and I am LOVING these blocks...

The first two weeks I picked out my fabric, then last week I needed to have one block made...I actually made two of each of these, so I have 4 blocks done...Whooo hooo!


 
 
I bought the pattern from Thimble Blossoms by Camille Roskelley...however I really like the free pattern on the blog:  http://doublenickelquilts.blogspot.com/2012/03/scrappy-nickel-swoon-quilt-block.html
 
I am using the color choices from Thimble Blossoms.  A word to the wise...press your seams open and your will have less bulk wherever the seams come together. 
 
I can never really tell what colors will look like until I put them together...but look how the prints in the top block almost look solid and the bottom one your can see the patterns in the fabric more...going to have to mix this up in the next few blocks or it will look like they belong in two different quilts!!! 
 
I'll keep ya posted : D...

15 comments:

wow101 said...

WOW! I love the combination! It's beautiful! I have no idea how to even start making a quilt so I am so impressed with people like you that are so talented. Thanks for sharing!

Meryl Hershey Beck said...

Nice calming colors.

Cathy Taughinbaugh said...

Love your color choices. It's always fun to see the difference when you change up the fabrics. Very nice!

Danisdecadentdeals said...

I love those colors! Great job! Thanks for sharing:)

MamaRed said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Michael Anne Conley said...

elegant! I have a quilt that was made for me when I was a baby. a very simple design like this. worth cherishing

Unknown said...

Classy design that is appeals to even men. We like geometric shapes.

Martha Giffen said...

How beautiful! The colors are gorgeous and I'm always so impressed with your talent!

Moira Hutchison ~ Your Success Coach said...

The colors are really lovely and a love the design (especially the one on the second pic)... You are very gifted!

Doiron said...

The colors to this quilt is very nice, relaxing... beautiful. I love seeing your posts! Such great work.

lisaf-breakingthecycles said...

These are beautiful! It's wonderful to see someone loving what they do and creating something so beautiful at the same time.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work..I love the colors :)

Aimee said...

Beautiful...I think one of those would take me a year! Impressive!

Robin Strohmaier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin Strohmaier said...

Absolutely beautiful, Liz! You are so talented! I would love to do something like this one day!