Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Guild's Quilt Show - Success!

So, recently my guild had their annual quilt show.  This one was the 16th Annual one, so Yay!!!  It was actually hugely successful.  We had over 500 visitors.  We don't charge admission and we don't have official judging.  We have visitor viewers choices in 3 catagories...Traditional, Contemporary and Challenge.  The challenge this time was "All Things Quilted" things that are quilted, but not quilts.  I am going to get permission and put them on my blog soon.  They were amazing!

Here are two that I have permission to put up...unfortunately you have seen them before (but not in a quilt show) : D

This one is called Mama's Trust, because my Mama trusted me to quilt it!  She collected these fabrics for a long time and they were for her own bed.  She made this quilt and sent it to me to have it quilted - yay! 
This one I named Lonestar Homage.  They hung it downward first and you couldn't even tell it was a TX flag - ugh!  But I fixed it!!!!




No comments: