Thursday, January 24, 2013

Balance...

It is so easy to get overwhelmed when you are a wife, mother and small business owner.  You have all these things you need to do, you work at home and you see EVERYTHING you need to do ALL the time...but you can't do that because you have to do your work...then, when it is after business hours - you still have all of this work to do for business, but you can't because it is dinner time. 

So, I am finding that balance is the answer...when it is work time - you must ignore home stuff and when it is home time you must ignore business stuff.  This is much harder than it sounds...as women the urge to chase rabbits is constant beating down upon us.

For instance the other night I went to make the coffee for the next morning... I noticed that there were dishes in the sink, so I put them in the dishwasher...then I noticed crumbs on the floor and swept the floor, then I noticed there was laundry in the corner, so I put it in the wash, then I was thirsty and got a glass of water - only to find myself back where I started and remembered I was making the coffee...ugh!!!!  This is nothing compared to what happens to me when I try to check my e-mail or FB... 

In order to achieve balance, you have to make sure that you not only stick to what you are supposed to be doing during that allotted time, but you MUST get it done...and if you don't - put it away, because everytime you see it it will stress you out (because you want to do it and you can't).

Then, there are the days that get completely turned around due to Mother Nature...Snow Day here in Stafford, VA...




No comments: