Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Getting Ready for the Quilt Show...

Well, it may seem premature, but I am getting ready for the Stafford Piecemaker's Quilt Show - Oct 19 - 21, 2012 at the Porter Library here in Stafford.  I am in charge of it this year and I know that as it gets closer I am going to be super busy with publicity and logistics etc.  So, I am starting NOW : D.

The Quilt Show theme is "Quilts: Food for the Soul" ...and you have to make something quilted that has food fabric in it or applique food stuff or have some kind of food theme.  It can't be larger than 36" x 36", which means that you can make pot holders, coasters, oven mits and small wall hangings etc.  I am making pot holders and a small wall hanging for my cousin who recently bought her own first house.  She wanted to get the fabric from me the last time she was here, but she is so busy that even if I had given her the fabric, I doubt she would have had time to quilt it  - so I am doing it for her...so far I have made 6 pot holders...here is one and I'll post the other ones when they are done too : D.  I hope she doesn't read my blog or this won't be much of a surprise for her - huh?!

2 comments:

Karen Presecan said...

awesome! Can't wait to hear more about the show! Love the food idea:-)

Hena Tayeb said...

That is so nice of you. I'm sure she'll love them