Monday, September 30, 2013

A Day of Rest



I taught a Custom Longarming Class on Sat., which was AWESOME and have a tendency to work all the time in order to accommodate the schedules of my customers...however,

I am feeling so GREAT this morning after a day of rest.  When you are starting your own business you have a tendency to work 7 days a week and 24 hours a day...(not literally, but you just never set your stress down). 

I did a puzzle with my son, went shopping with my family and took a nap : D...

I read an amazing article in my e-mail this morning from my wonderful Aunt about stress and relieving stress.  A woman stands with a glass in the front of a group and asks how heavy do you think this glass is?  Some said 8oz, some said 10oz etc.  She says - the actual weight doesn't matter, it is how long I hold it!  If I hold it for a few minutes that is ok, if I hold it for several days there is likely to be damage to my arms, nerves etc. 

Wow, this made perfect sense to me!  I have got to learn to set my stress down for a while now and then.  (My stress doesn't feel like stress most of the time, but I think it wears on me after a while...I love what I do and get so excited about it that sometimes I forget to take a break.) 

I took yesterday off and the sense of peace and readiness to accomplish is AMAZING!  I am ready to tackle it all again.  I have a renewed sense of ability and am making the lists of things that need to be done and putting them on the calendar to make sure they get done! 

I am so blessed that this is my life and I would hate to mess it up with stress!!!  I hope to get lots done today and can't wait to ride this wave as far as it will take me!!! 

2 comments:

Trudi said...

Wow, this just made perfect sense to me, running my growing Quilting Biz I never seem to have time to stop for me to actually rest! Found this looking at reviews on Innova!

Trudi said...

Wow, this just made perfect sense to me, running my growing Quilting Biz I never seem to have time to stop for me to actually rest! Found this looking at reviews on Innova!